COVID SAFE STRATEGY
The world of events might be a little different, but we still have the mission of creating truly memorable experiences. We place the utmost importance on the safety and wellbeing of our guests and employees. We have introduced a range of new health and safety measures that seek to reduce the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19 that are in line with government advice and the requirements of local health authorities.
Here at Merlin Events Sydney we are working in align with the NSW COVID Safe Guidelines to ensure the safety of all our guests and staff.
Some of the measures set out below may be clearly visible to you from the moment you arrive, and others require consideration from your guests to help ensure everyone has a magical visit.
Flexibility and confidence when booking with us:
With a renewed focus on our 2020 End of Year Events season, we are making it easier for you to book your event and have confidence in us during this uncertain time. We aim to deliver the event you envision, but also offer flexibility to reimagine the event should restrictions not allow it to proceed.
Prior to your arrival:
- We are required to record contact details for all guests to ensure contact tracing may be conducted if necessary. This can also be done on arrival.
- We politely request that you refrain from visiting our attraction should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19. You can always email or call us should you need to amend your booking.
- Guests will notice new information signage informing them of key safety messages and instructions.
- We are required to record contact details for all guests to ensure contact tracing may be conducted if necessary.
- In line with the most recent NSW health advice on Covid-19, we will be checking the temperature of our guests as they enter.
- Check out face covering and temperature check Q&A here.
During your Event:
- We have introduced new arrangements for the application of social distancing within queues. Clear markers or signage have been installed in our building entry and viewing areas to help guests keep a safe distance from one another.
- We have introduced new capacity restrictions to help ensure there is plenty of room for social distancing.
- We have revised some of our standard operating protocols in order to reduce the proximity of our employees to guests. For example, this includes the way in which we undertake guest service activities.
- In align with COVID Safe Guidelines and guests consuming food or drink within the venue must remain seated and avoid mingling
Hygiene and disinfection measures:
- We have introduced enhanced cleaning measures, which seek to disinfect high-frequency touch points, such as tables and chairs, service counters, grab and flush handles, door handles/plates, elevator buttons and taps.
- We have introduced new deep cleaning measures in the event that a person presents themselves with symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- We have introduced a large number of hygiene stations/hand sanitiser dispensers around the attraction for guests to use.
- We have introduced new Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for a range of activities that employees routinely perform. These include face masks, disposable gloves, eye protection and hand sanitiser. The use of such equipment and clothing by our employees is both to protect them and our guests.
- As with our employees, we politely request that all our guests uphold the highest possible hygiene standards – whether it be when sneezing or coughing, through regular hand washing or the frequent application of hand sanitiser.
- Our employees now participate in COVID-19 specific training programmes instructing them how to stay safe as well as how to keep our guests safe.
We hope these new health and safety measures provide our guests with confidence. These are unprecedented times for all communities around the world, and whilst every effort is being taken to protect the safety and wellbeing of our guests, everyone should inform themselves of the risks, conditions and personal responsibilities before their event.
We thank you for your understanding. Now, let’s make magical and memorable experiences together!